Adding a Custom Field to View in Planning Mode

Paul Pobursky October 25, 2012

I have multiple stake holders who want to see where there items are falling into the backlog. Without reading all the stories and tasks this is hard. I found the JIRA linke here where you can see Epic fields, so I'm assuming this is possible somewhere??? If not I'd be happy just using the Epic fields, but cannot figure out how to get that to show.

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=96&view=planning

Any help would be great!

3 answers

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 25, 2012

Hi there,

From your inquiry, I understand that you would like to add a custom field into the issues detail view in the Scrum board. If this is true, then I believe that you can add custom fields to the view as follows:
- Open the board
- Open the Tools drop down > Select Configure
- Open the Issue Detail View tab
- Try to add the custom field in question to the view

Hope this helps!

Cheers.

Paul Pobursky October 25, 2012

I'm looking to add the field on Greenhopper 6.0 > Agile Scrum Board > Plan Tab. Right now it's only showing Card Type, Priority, Card #, Description, and Estimate. I want to add Requesting Group a field that I've added. In the classic version I could choose which fields to add or hide on the "List View", but with Greenhopper 6.0 I cannot find the spot to tdo this.

Stefan Kennedie May 13, 2014

I am wondering whether this is currently possible. We would like to add the created custom field "Business value" to the plan mode to help us planning. Unfortunately I don't see an answer to the question of EMU_FLYER

Shivaji September 11, 2016

Thanks Ahmad...your answer helped me

bs-thomas August 30, 2018

Hmm, they've updated the interface.  I cannot find it again. ;-//

Seems like the application is not very configuration user-friendly...

Would anyone be able to advise the new instructions based on the new UI?

0 votes
Support Audi Engineering Network January 9, 2014

Yes, this opportunity would be great, because fields like component are important for the users!

0 votes
Jeff Isenberg October 28, 2012

+1

I'd like to be able to:

- Add custom fields of type dropdown to the Issue Detail View. As of 6.0.5 you can only add types text and number.

- Customize the fields that appear on the cards, in plan and work mode, like you can do on the Classic Boards.

Suggest an answer