Add button to existing issue view which creates a linked clone of a different issue type

Vincent Lucero August 24, 2022

My team is implementing a new triage process where tickets are first sent to the PM project with an issue type of "Request". Once they are triaged, we are manually creating a developer facing story under the DEV project with an issue type of "Story".

Is there a way to Add a custom button to the existing issue view for the "PM Request" which creates a linked clone under the DEV project as a Story?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 24, 2022

You could create an automation rule with a manual trigger. You could check out this automation rule to get an idea about how to structure it.

Vincent Lucero August 25, 2022

That automation rule would do what I need, but how do I add a manual trigger / button to activate it?

if I leave it as is, the comment section would be unusable as it would continuously trigger the creation of new tickets. 

Thanks for the help!

Vincent Lucero August 30, 2022

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems please let me know about how to manually trigger since this solution is so close. Thanks!

Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 31, 2022

@Vincent Lucero, change your trigger from issue commented to a "manual Trigger". I'm not sure what else you need here? https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/test-a-jira-automation-rule-using-the-manual-trigger/

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 31, 2022

@Vincent Lucero 

To trigger the run of a rule manually, look in the Details section of the view of an issue. At the bottom you should see an "Automations" field.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.40.52 AM.png

Click on that.

You should then get a pull down list of rules that can be manually triggered.

I have found that secondary screen where the pull down is displayed is unreliable. Sometimes the pull down doesn't work. Sometimes it says there are no rules available.

Vincent Lucero August 31, 2022

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events