Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Add button to existing issue view which creates a linked clone of a different issue type

My team is implementing a new triage process where tickets are first sent to the PM project with an issue type of "Request". Once they are triaged, we are manually creating a developer facing story under the DEV project with an issue type of "Story".

Is there a way to Add a custom button to the existing issue view for the "PM Request" which creates a linked clone under the DEV project as a Story?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

You could create an automation rule with a manual trigger. You could check out this automation rule to get an idea about how to structure it.

That automation rule would do what I need, but how do I add a manual trigger / button to activate it?

if I leave it as is, the comment section would be unusable as it would continuously trigger the creation of new tickets. 

Thanks for the help!

@Kian Stack Mumo Systems please let me know about how to manually trigger since this solution is so close. Thanks!

@Vincent Lucero, change your trigger from issue commented to a "manual Trigger". I'm not sure what else you need here? https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/test-a-jira-automation-rule-using-the-manual-trigger/

@Vincent Lucero 

To trigger the run of a rule manually, look in the Details section of the view of an issue. At the bottom you should see an "Automations" field.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 9.40.52 AM.png

Click on that.

You should then get a pull down list of rules that can be manually triggered.

I have found that secondary screen where the pull down is displayed is unreliable. Sometimes the pull down doesn't work. Sometimes it says there are no rules available.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Software

An update on Jira Software customer feedback – June 2022

Hello Atlassian Community! Feedback from customers like you has helped us shape and improve Jira Software. As Head of Product, Jira Software, I wanted to take this opportunity to share an update on...

5,050 views 18 32
Read article

Atlassian Community Events