Add bundled field in issue collector

Jamshaid
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2022

I am having an issue collector with different fields. I want to add a bundled field to it but am unable to find any guide for it. I have tried adding it using the custom fields method but no luck. Is there any way I could add it using javascript or something?

Here is my bundled field

1.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2022

Hello @Jamshaid ,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. 

The Text field and the Date Picker should have no issue being added to a customs issue collector but there are some custom field types that can not be displayed in Issue collectors since they cannot be displayed to anonymous users, and the user picker field falls into this category. 

There is no way to add a user picker to an issue collector as it required a user to log in to be granted browse user permissions to access the user management system to see the values presented in the field, and can only be accessed locally.  Since the issue collector is triggered from an external system it cannot pass the login credentials to access the field types requirements for access to the field data.

This is covered in more detail in the Documentation "Use the issue collector"  noting The fields types that can be displayed in an issue collector are:

• Standard Fields: Summary, Description, Components, AffectsVersion, Environment, Priority, Attachment
  • Custom Field Types: Date Time, Radio Buttons, Multi-Checkbox, Multi-Select, Number, Select List, URL field, Version Picker, Cascading Select, Project Picker, Single Version Picker, Text Field, Free Text Field

Regards,
Earl

Asha Gomez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2023

Hi @E M ,

Is it possible to have prepopulated table within description as field values for Issue Collectoe?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events