Acceptance Criteria, Estimate hours

Karthikeyan Subramanyan May 17, 2021

Hi,

I am unable to see the fields to add "acceptance criteria", "estimated number of hours" for user stories that are at the backlog. please help me. 

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Hunter [HeroCoders]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Karthikeyan Subramanyan,

As for the Acceptance Criteria, there is no such field in Jira by default.

However, there are several apps in Atlassian Marketplace that can help you handle acceptance criteria: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?query=acceptance%20criteria

I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Jack

Thank you, Jack !

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Thank you @Karthikeyan Subramanyan for your time in posting. I believe you got the needed guidance. 

I would suggest you to enroll to this free Atlassian Cloud 101 and any related courses in your time. They would be of help and make you a key Jira decision maker in your project.

Note: Enroll only if you are interested and have time. Few courses screen shot for your quick glance.

Free courses.jpg

1 vote
Answer accepted
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Karthikeyan Subramanyan welcome to the Atlassian community.

Please be informed that, in Jira issue type you will have the description field where you can add the acceptance criteria. Please note, their is no specific "acceptance criteria" field in Jira.

And for "estimated hours", in the Jira issue type, on the right side you will find the field "time tracking" where the developer can enter the time spent and time remaining. (to get the time remaining value correct) you need to first fill the original estimate field. PFI the screen shot:

jira.jpg

Stay safe and stay healthy.

Thank you, @G subramanyam . i guess i need some intervention from the Jira admin at the org level. waiting for that.

Like G subramanyam likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events