Project key changing issue

Constantine Chuprik December 26, 2019

Hey!

I did change project key from AAB to ABB and then I'm trying to create a new project with the key AAB I have an issue that AAB is using by another project... Any way to fix that?

5 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

Not sure how much of the history gets saved in the moving of issues. AAB to ABB to ABC - I think the AAB is still going to show up in the history somewhere. But yes, if you delete the original project, you should be able to re-use the project code. 

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 26, 2019
  • Create a new project with some key,
  • moveall tickets from ABB (old AAB) to that project,
  • delete ABB project.
  • Create an AAB project.

I would expect that to work

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 26, 2019

Sorry, but since there are already issues attached to the old project code, you are probably never going to be able to use it again. 😞

0 votes
Constantine Chuprik December 26, 2019

yes, correct. but still not works :)

Screenshot 2019-12-27 at 00.23.51.pngScreenshot 2019-12-26 at 21.51.14.png

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2019

Do you have any issues that were created under the original project code? If so, that’s probably the problem. You might try again now as as maybe the system needed to finish a re-index.

Suggest an answer