Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket via widget won't appear in service desk

Emanuel Huber April 14, 2021

Dear all,

I embedded the Service Desk Widget into a website and it seems to be working (at least it's appearing) and I can fill out the form. Even if I attach an attachment, it takes a while (it seems like the attachment is being uploaded) and if I press send, the message 

"thanks! we've received your request..." appears.

But the ticket won't appear in the service desk, nowhere. If I check the console, there is no error...

I already checked with the other question relating to this issue "ticket goes into black hole", but that isn't the issue, because I use the standard form "summary, description, attachment, contact-email"...

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2021

Hello @Emanuel Huber,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your site, I can see that it’s public which is the main setting for the widget to work.

If you go to Project settings > Widget (Classic/Company-managed) or Project settings > Channels > Widget (Next-gen/Team-managed), does it show any error?

If you go to Filters > Advanced search and order by created date only, does the ticket show?

On the widget it’s necessary to add the email address to create the ticket, did you test using your personal email to confirm if the notification was sent?

Kind regards,
Angélica

Emanuel Huber Customer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 18, 2021

Hi. 

I already tried all of that according to the documentation and I also searched for errors, even in the browser console. Nothing whatsoever.

Yes, I tried with my own personal e-mail. If I create a ticket via portal oder E-Mail, everything works just fine. But not with the widget. I seems like the widget-ticket goes into the nirvana...

Emanuel Huber April 18, 2021

sorry, I replied with the wrong user

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 19, 2021

Thank you for the details, Emanuel.

Did you receive the notification informing you that the ticket was created? 

If you log in to the customer portal with the email that you used to create the ticket via widget, can you see the ticket on Requests > Created by me?

Can you share with us a screenshot of the widget configuration (Project settings > Widget or Project settings > Channels > Widget)? Just make sure to hide private details.

Emanuel Huber April 20, 2021

Hi Angelica,

I do see the confirmation in the widget, but I don't get it via E-Mail and it's not in the customer portal. 

It seems like the jira-cloud-backend does not get it at all. here is the config, it's more or less standard...

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
April 21, 2021

Thank you for the information, @Emanuel Huber.

Can you please try disabling and enabling the widget and test again?

Also, copy the widget code and add on a text editor and save it as widget.html, then open it on your preferred browser and test creating a ticket. This is just to test the widget alone, without any other code on the page.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events