Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mail handler behavior

Pete Piro March 16, 2022

Hello, I have created a Mail Handler for a specific service project and configured it such:

• Bulk: accept
  • CC Assignee: true
  • CC Watchers: true
  • Create Users: true
  • Notify Users: true
  • Strip Quotes: false,

and I have a problem where if I send an email to the board from an email associated with our JIRA (admin or service desk team) then all the additional email addresses (To: Cc: Bcc:) get added as requested participants which is the behavior I want but if I send the same email from an external address, not associated with our Jira, then none of those other emails get added.  

Any ideas?

Thanks, Pete

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2022

@Pete Piro A mail handler is set up to process emails to Jira.  If you are using them to capture emails for the service desk it will still follow the rules enforced by Jira.  The licensed user has the ability to access certain fields that the unlicensed user does not have.  My question is why are you not using the service desk mail processor for the service desk?  It would make more sense to use the service desk mail processor so you know what the correct behavior is instead of using something created for Jira software.  https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/how-does-jira-service-management-process-email-requests/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events