Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add the custom fields to default fields

Someshwaran April 11, 2024

how to add the custom fields to default fields on jira service management so that it can be available on excel when export2.PNG

2 answers

4 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

@Someshwaran -

When you export your search result via JQL, you can add your custom field(s) in the UI via "Configure columns" icon.  Once added, then you can export the result to Excel.

2024-04-11_08-33-02.png

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Someshwaran April 18, 2024

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your reply. I couldn't see the icon that you highlighted on my end. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. Could you please let me know if I am looking on the wrong page or something?3.PNG

I only want these fields to be exported6.PNG

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2024

@Someshwaran looks like there are two different Issue Navigator in use (depending on the creation date of the instance).

Can you see this on your site?

Issue-navigator-Jira.png

Or this?

Issue-navigator-Jira_old.png

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 18, 2024

Oh, maybe you have too much search results (if I see it correctly, you have 1000+ results).

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Jira-s-export-limit-is-set-to-1000-rows-Is-there-a-way-to/qaq-p/2246311

Hi @Paul Pasler 

Thank you for your reply. I could not see the icon as well as the column option from my end.7.PNG

Paul Pasler
Marketplace Partner
April 18, 2024

@Someshwaran have you seen my comment about the 1000 results limit for export?

Like Someshwaran likes this

Hi @Paul Pasler ,

Yes I did, Came to know there is a limitation.

But please check the recent screenshot. It has only 2 issues to export.

1 vote
Fabio Racobaldo _Herzum_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2024

Hi @Someshwaran ,

default fields are fields provided by JIRA natively and you can't add a custom field to that list. As said by @Joseph Chung Yin , you can define which fields extract from JQL.

Fabio

Hi Fabio,

Thank you for your reply. I couldn't see the icon that was highlighted by @Joseph Chung Yin on my end. I am attaching a screenshot for your reference. Could you please let me know if I am looking at the wrong page or something?

I tried using JQL. After this, when I am trying to export the report, I only have the following export options available. If I select "EXPORT CSV (Default)," it picks up the default value. If I select "all fields," it includes every field, which is not really required.

I want only few fields to exported in excel csv. 5.PNG4.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events