Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can one request be sent to 3 different status via 1 transition ?

Pourya Akrami April 3, 2018

as it is shown in the picture below the form will be submitted via portal by student to the admin, and after confirmation , i want admin to be able to send the ticket to library, accommodation and immigration simultaneously by only one transition. is that possible with subtasks if yes how? or shall i get any add on ? im using jira service desk cloud.

jira.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2018

No.

Multiple status for an issue is nonsense, or at least something you should not do with workflow because in process terms, it's nonsense.  You can't have an issue that is both open and closed at the same time - our time-limited human brains simply can't work with that.

Transitions can only have one end point as well.  It's logically possible that you could create them differently and have multiple end points, but to make that work, you'd pretty much need to throw away the whole of Jira's workflow stuff and start again.  So, they have one end point.

I would either re-work the workflow so that an issue can be moved between all three status at any time (possibly control that with conditions), or, if your process does need truly parallel transitions, as you already said, create sub-tasks for the three status. 

Ideally, use an add-on to create them automatically, have really simple workflows for the them, and a "container" status on the parent issue that cannot move on until "all sub-tasks are closed"

thank you very much @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- for the reply, can you please tell me which add on i can use to automatically create the subtasks once it reachs to a certain status, and how to implement the part that when all three subtasks are done , the the parent issue moves to next status automatically (or manual if not possible) which in my case is finance. (we are using Cloud version)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2018

I'd use ScriptRunner for Cloud (as you'd expect from someone who works for Adaptavist).

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2018

You can create a transaction from confirmation to immigration and make it available only for the admin. But in this case the issue will not pass the library and the accomidation statuses.

If you want the ticket to go through all statuses, then you would need an add-on to do it. For example, ScriptRunner.

thank you @Alexey Matveevbut im afraid script runner is not available on cloud ? am i right ?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events