Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding customers to the service desk

GeorginaT May 27, 2014

Im a total novice!! i think i have set up a project for a client company, and a service desk. Im trying to set up dummy clients to access the service desk. when i create a user in admin section then add them to the user group of the client service desk. Then i log in as the client i cant access the service desk? when i add the client to the jira-users group. then the customer portal is accessable. Is this the right way to give my client only access to the customer portale service desk?

3 answers

0 votes
Geert Graat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, but I do know that even if customers only need to access the customer portal, they still have to be in the jira-users group, otherwise they cannot login. See also this issue https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-547I have with this, as now I have to do custom stuff to prevent customers from going to the main JIRA interface.

0 votes
GeorginaT May 27, 2014

Thanks for the link, I have been through this document several times, but having no luck. Not sure where i am going wrong!

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 27, 2014
GeorginaT May 27, 2014

Thanks for the link, I have been through this document several times, but having no luck. Not sure where i am going wrong!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events