Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Reporter not shown in creating tickets and how to remove Request Type selection

Vincent Zhou May 6, 2023

I configured the "Reporter field" of the Issue Type but it didn't show up when I created the issue as below. Could someone help me out?

企业微信截图_20230506190946.png

Also, I would like to disable/remove the Issue Type selection as circled red in the screenshot below like other projects in my company. But I'm not sure how to do that.

企业微信截图_20230506191651.png

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 6, 2023

@Vincent Zhou Welcome to the Atlassian community

When raising a request in Jira service management please use the "Raise a request" link in the left hand menu and not the create button on the top.  This is the proper way to create a service management issue.    This will also provide a raise on behalf of option if you are an agent on the service management project.  

Screenshot 2023-05-06 213546.png

Vincent Zhou May 7, 2023

Sorry I think I mistook my question. I'm actually using JIRA Software instead of JIRA Service Management. Could you help with that? @Brant Schroeder 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2023

@Vincent Zhou Are you trying to add the reporter to the create screen?  Are you using a team or company managed project?

Vincent Zhou May 7, 2023

Yes exactly. I have actually 2 requests for my question. I'm not sure how to determine the new project I created is team or company managed but my purpose is to have my team's stakeholders in the company to use this new JIRA project to create tickets. @Brant Schroeder 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

@Vincent Zhou in the project in the lower left hand corner it will tell you team or company managed.

Vincent Zhou May 7, 2023

@Brant Schroeder I see. It's company managed project.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 7, 2023

@Vincent Zhou On company managed you will need to make sure that the field is added to the create screen for the specific issue type.  You can learn more here: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/manage-issue-screens/ 

Vincent Zhou May 7, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Yes, the field is added to the create screen. Please see my screenshot below.

企业微信截图_20230506190946.png企业微信截图_20230508125054.png

As for the second screenshot, the screen that is used by creating this issue type is ensured to be included in this required "Reporter" field.

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 8, 2023

@Vincent Zhou the screenshot you are sharing it is a service management project.  Are you an agent on the project, if you are then you can use the raise a request feature?  Regardless you should be able to see the reporter.  The screenshots you shared are not very helpful.  You need to share what type of issue type the request type is, the screen scheme used on the project and the screen used on the scheme for the issue type.   You could be sharing a screen used by the project but not the specific issue type in the project that is not showing the reporter field.  

Vincent Zhou May 9, 2023

@Brant Schroeder I'm the Admin for this service management project. Could you be more specific on which screenshot I should share with you to help you find the root cause? Maybe navigating me to the correct page?

Like Gazaliy Alade likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 9, 2023

@Vincent Zhou 

What issue type is the request type?

Can you share a image of the issue scheme?

Vincent Zhou May 12, 2023

@Brant Schroeder 

企业微信截图_20230512221800.png

Is this what you'd like to see?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

@Vincent Zhou Can you share the PTS: Jira Service Managment: General...... Screen scheme?

Vincent Zhou May 25, 2023

@Brant Schroeder sorry for the late feedback. Please see attached.企业微信截图_20230525171211.png

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2023

@Vincent Zhou that is the screen can you share the screen scheme?  

Vincent Zhou May 25, 2023

@Brant Schroeder Is this what you need?企业微信截图_20230526143937.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events