Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find an outgoing email message log for Jira Cloud?

Matt Fleming June 5, 2019

Ultimately, I need to troubleshoot why my notification's helper says an email went out or at least that it should've gone out based on the notification scheme and role of user ("Reporter") but they didn't receive it.

For starters, I want to verify that Jira generated a notification email but I can't find the outbound message log (I know its there somewhere as I've used it in the past). 

Please and thank you! :)

4 answers

2 accepted

8 votes
Answer accepted
Matt Fleming June 5, 2019

There's no outbound mail log. It's a feature request at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4698.

Finally found the inbound mail log. Jira Settings > Products > Email Requests. On the email requests page, you'll find a list of email addresses. To the right (under "Actions" column) will be "View Log." 

Atlassian, why don't you put this in the System > Mail section next to Global mail settings, Outgoing mail, Incoming mail and Send email?!  >_< 

0 votes
Answer accepted
Felix Haverkamp August 9, 2022
Troy Anderson May 25, 2023

Still only in beta....

Dave Elger April 7, 2024

frown.  Looking for this functionality today, 1+ years after planned release.

3 votes
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 12, 2019

Hi @Matt Fleming 

Did you ever found a solution/reason for this? I have the exact same problem and I have no clue as how to solve it.

Jaime Drysdale December 16, 2019

I have the same issue too.
Need a log of all outgoing emails to track filter subscriptions that for some reason are not going to some users.

Like Rabbit Stoddard likes this
Zohar Bazak October 15, 2020

+1
Need outgoing email log because some of our customers say they dont recieve our comments.

Is there any way to debug it in jira cloud?

Like # people like this
Peter Yiu July 13, 2021

It is very frustrating a Service Management tool (Customer Focused designed) cannot even see outbound emails. 

There is no way to troubleshoot or get reassurance if your customer tells you I can't get emails.

Like # people like this
David Leonhard Steinbauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 9, 2022

Did anyone ever get any feedback on this "outgoing mail log" for trouble shooting ? I need any kind of proof point that a mail was sent (date/time/header).

Like Justin Warwick likes this
1 vote
Jeff Lapsley March 26, 2024

Amazing this is not built-in and is still an issue all of this time. How do I confirm if a user says they are not getting the email? Super lame.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events