Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When an Attachment is added by the Service Desk team the customr can not see this

Dennis Verdaasdonk August 18, 2020

We have a customr making a ticket, We want to explain to them how they can solve it.
So we first add a printscreen to the ticket, there we choose Add Only.
Then we make a feedback and say how to do this and selected the attchement and add this into the comment. there we see the image.
but after send we only see 

!image.png|thumbnail!

!image-1.png|thumbnail!

In there comment and not the picture.
the customer can even not vew any of the pictures in the service desk

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2020

Hello Dennis,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When using Service Desk, the renderer of the field must be set as Wiki Style Renderer as Marco mentioned, otherwise it will show as a plain text.

Since the renderer is correct, I would like to know what happens if an attachment is added directly to the portal.

Are there any differences if you share the attachment directly with the customer instead of adding the attachment to the issue only and then share the attachment with a comment?

What is the version of Service Desk that you are using?

I saw that you created a ticket with our support mentioning about this issue on the Activity Stream as well, so this issue is affecting other projects and not only Service Desk, is that correct?

Also please, check the attachments settings on Administration > System > Attachments and confirm if everything is enabled.

Regards,
Angélica

Dennis Verdaasdonk August 19, 2020

Hi there i tested it by being a customer and adding attachment as a comment :
image.png

Also checked attachment settings :
image.pngWe have this issue in Jira and in Service desk...
JIRA Service Desk 4.8.0
Jira Software 8.8.0

hope you know what to do

thanks

Dennis

Timo Ketola August 20, 2020

I have exactly the same issue and raised a discussion about the topic here as well. So far, no idea how to resolve the issue.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Cant-see-attachments-in-service-desk/qaq-p/1421973

I am having JIRA v8.7.1 and JIRA Service Desk 4.7.1

Timo Ketola August 20, 2020

I got a tip to change Internet Explorer MIME Sniffing Security Hole Workaround Policy setting and it helped at least in my case. I changed the value to Work around Internet Explorer security hole.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Dennis Verdaasdonk August 20, 2020

Thanks now it is solved 

0 votes
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2020

Hi Dennis,

How is the field rendering set?
When you go to the Project settings > Fields > Click on the icon on the right side to edit > Search for the field "Comment" > Renderer, is the renderer set to "Wiki Style Renderer"?

Dennis Verdaasdonk August 19, 2020

Hi Marco,
Since it is in a comment i checked the rending of comments and thats Wiki Style.
image.png
So if i check the document that should be correct.
but it is not showing it as you can see below

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events