Create
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

πŸ” Using workflow status properties

Dario AlarcΓ³n April 3, 2024

Hi community, I need help with a doubt.
Is possible add a "Status property" in my workflow to modify an issue transition only for admin user? for example, if the status is "Resolved" and I receive a request exception to reopen the issue, that is possible?
Wich is the status property?
I understand that firt I need to create a transition from "Resolved" to "In progress", is it necessary?

Thanks a lot. πŸ™ŒπŸ»

1 answer

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

@Dario AlarcΓ³n -

To limit issue transition to only Jira admins, it has nothing to do with status property.  It is done via each transition configuration.  What you can do is to setup a "Condition" for the transition, so only users with the project role of Administrators can execute.

If a user who is not a project administrators role member, then he/she will not see the transition listed for the issue's WF process.

Hope this makes senses.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2024

Agreed - a simple Condition should do the trick. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events