Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using User and Groups as Type Value variable

Luke Becker July 14, 2021

I'm transitioning from the Insight Cloud -> Insight in Service Management and am having trouble with using the 'User' Type Value. I want to be able to connect Hardware to users via the Jira Groups we have set up already. Within Insight Cloud, I was able to do this very easily by setting the Type Value to the name of my jira group. When I do the same within the new Insight, nothing populates. Is this feature not set up yet within the new platform? Is there another way to do this that I haven't thought of yet? 

Within the tutorial I watched, the users/employees are created as their own object schema but this doesn't seem very efficient, especially with onboarding/offboarding employees in mind and the manual work that would require. Is this really the new way it's intended to be?

1 answer

0 votes
Alex van Vucht (GLiNTECH)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2021

I've had some problems with User attributes in Atlassian's Insight Cloud.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10088

If you're matching on email address, it won't work. If you want to use the Users attribute, I recommend working with the Atlassian user account ID. You will have to update your Hardware objects with the Atlassian account ID.

If that doesn't give you any more insight into your situation, please explain further the specific attribute names and types that you are trying to match on.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events