Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Update Insight object value with Jira Automation

Hi all, 

I cant find documentation or know-how for Insight configuration, after it has become part of Service Management premium sub. 

Most of it i was able to figure out but one thing i didn't is how to operate Automation.

In example i would like to update object status after issue transit to certain status.

What have i done so far:

automation -> create new rule -> set: when issue is transitioned -> then: edit object attributes;

Chose Attribute to set:

(pick Status) 

and then i am not sure how to define change in empty single text line underneath it 

I tried: Status = "Support Request" i tried just string of a new value. 

Audit Log return 

"Action details:

Edit Insight field attributes

No issues were found, stopping the rule."

(Yes status is set as attribute on linked object in ticket and yes i did make it visible with in config of Custom Field.)

Thank you all for help in advance.

Nenad

P.S. I am open to any suggestion or tips&tricks regarding Insight automations 

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

Thank you all,

it can be done trough automatons :)

really appreciate the help!

Best Regards,

Nenad

The post function for insight is gone on the cloud. Like Nenad said it can be done with automation. 

Nenad can you provide more information on how did you do it with automation? 

Im trying to display user attributes, references on the jira ticket and I'm stuck with the error no objects have been found :(

Thank you

Robert Wen Community Leader Feb 03, 2022

Is there an update on how?  I think it does involve including an IQL query condition to get the affected objects?

How can it be done through automatons?

Hi guys, sorry for late reply on this. I have issue with browser for some reason and could not reply -.-

Automations are not working again for me. Hot it was set 2022-05-14 10_39_11-Automation - Jira.png

And now it looks like this
2022-05-14 10_41_37-Automation - Jira — Mozilla Firefox (Private Browsing).png

I assume that IQL need to be configured since Insight field options is removed

Nenad (this is my testing account)

i'm trying to understand if i can recall from automation for jira (for jira datacenter) an insight object and its property (in particular an email attribute that i need to send an email from automation for jira). has anyone ever had this need and solved it ? I'm looking for information and examples for some time and it is really sad to see that two products that are in fact Atlassian are so poorly and confusingly documented.

i'm trying to understand if i can recall from automation for jira (for jira datacenter) an insight object and its property (in particular an email attribute that i need to send an email from automation for jira). has anyone ever had this need and solved it ?

You might need to use the Status ID number instead of the status name... 

I'm not sure Automation works with Insight objects yet.

However you can achieve this using workflow post-functions: Insight post-function > Set the value of an object attribute with a predefined value. 

Hi Andy,

I have tried that but post-fuction option are not there.

Don't know if they are dropped out or still are waiting on implementation. Either way they are not available.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Coming Soon: Insight Changing to Assets

The 2020 acquisition of Mindville added powerful asset and configuration management capabilities to Jira Service Management in the form of Insight. Following the completion of that integration, custo...

483 views 3 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you