cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create issue on test project

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2023

Hi all,

I created a test project for any fixes or enhances I plan to apply to our live project. The test project have the same permission and workflow as the live project. But I click on 'Create' button and fill up the required fields, and click on 'Create' button again on the pop-up window, nothing is happening. No error or anything.

What are possible reasons why I cannot create an issue on my test project?

Regards,

2 answers

2 votes
Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

You can try using the Permission Helper to find out the cause for this https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Search for your user and the Create issue permission.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2023

Hi @Jehan Bhathena ,

Thanks for your reply. The permission helper alright. And as a site admin, I believe I have the permission to the projects. Anyway, here's a screenshot of the Permission Helper...

permission_helper.png

Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian ,

The permissions look ok, since I don't have access to the site, I would suggest the below steps to further debug the cause:

• Signout from the current session and login via the incognito mode in a browser. Sometimes, the browser cache hampers a lot of Jira's working.
  • If the above too doesn't work, would suggest checking the Developer tools i.e. the Console and the network tab to get more information. To access the Dev Tools, hit F12 on your keyboard or it should be under "More Tools" in the browser options 
    image.pngimage.png
  • As a side note, I'd also suggest checking for any restrictions in the Issue Security Scheme, Workflows or if you're viewing the setup on a Laptop, try to Zoom out and then retry, the UI for Jira Cloud sometimes gets hidden for smaller screens.

Hope this helps.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2023

HI @Jehan Bhathena ,

I checked the Dev Tools while I was creating an issue. There is nothing suspicious about the logs, although there are some error -- they are something that can be ignored.

Anyway, I do appreciate your input and patience. I'm planning to re-start a new project as my test project for testing/development/fixes related to Jira. 

Regards,

Jehan Bhathena
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 7, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian ,

If none of the debugging worked, would recommend getting in touch with the support team.

Since this may genuinely be a bug that they maybe better equipped to assist with.

https://support.atlassian.com/contact/#/

Like Marc Koppelaar likes this
1 vote
Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

When creating the issue, are you sure all fields are visible?

Can you check on the create screen, the 3 dots and click show fields. It might that there are fields unchecked, the fields are not visible, but they could be mandatory.

Rather its strange that this doesn't show an message that input is required. I had this experience once.

Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2023

Hi @Marc Koppelaar ,

Yes, all fields are visible and I made sure all mandatory fields are filled with values. And I checked all the permissions and workflows, I couldn't find anything that will suppress creating an issue.

Very strange.

But thanks for your reponse.

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

From your screenshots above I see you are using the free plan.

Are you above 3 JSM agents, this could be a cause as well.

Like Jehan Bhathena likes this
Zaldy Parian
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2023

Hi @Marc Koppelaar ,

We are on Standard Plan.  

Anyway, it could be time consuming and a lot of effort to do, but I reckon I would re-create the project by copying the configuration from another project that is live.

Thanks for your patience and support.

Cheers,

Marc Koppelaar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 9, 2023

Hi @Zaldy Parian 

Could you check your field configuration scheme and check all the required fields, could it be that a required field is not visible on the screen anymore?

Like Jehan Bhathena likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events