Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TOC on a confluence page doesn't work in Jira

Julie Chavez February 14, 2021

Hello,  The Table of Contents created on my confluences pages do not work in the Jira application.  I have searched through this site and online to try to find a solution.  Much of the data on the Atlassian site is outdated.. Such as the information for using Anchors.  I found that many others have had an issue with this as well.  Is there any way to accomplish having either a TOC or jump/anchors in a confluence page that work in Jira?  I tried the linking to Headers solution but again.. it only works in the Confluence application.

Here is the situation: 

The company I am working for has us using Confluence and Jira to create our Resource Portal for our clients.  We have built an extensive resource space in Confluence that we are having our clients access first by logging into our Jira Service Desk.  We have 2 selections in the Jira space we created for the resource portal.  One for Questions and one for Requests.  When a client clicks on one of these selections it opens a form that has them fill in information from drop down lists.  As they make selections it shows related articles at the bottom.  The articles are pages created in Confluence.  When a client clicks on one of them it shows up nicely in Jira without having to have the client actually go into the Confluence program.  However,  There is a lot of content on the pages.  So a Table of Contents is really necessary at the top of these pages.  Unfortunately, the Table of contents that are set in Confluence do not work in the Jira program.  And neither do the jump links created to help the client return to the top of the page.  

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2021

Hello Julie,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community and thank you for all the details.

Testing on my local site, I can see that this issue happens when using Firefox, but the Table of Contents works fine when viewing the article in the portal using Chrome and Safari.

Please, check the Gif below:

- https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9u8b7Yz

Can you share with us what browser you are and your customers are using? 

If you are using Firefox, please test using another one and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Julie Chavez February 16, 2021

Hello Angélica,  

Yes, i see that it does work n Chrome.  I was testing as an outside user on Firefox before we send out a mass invite to our clients.  I was trying to see what they were going to see with the access we are granting them.  Ok.. So i will be sure to let them know in our training session to use Chrome or Safari.  

Thank you for your reply!  It is very much appreciated.

Julie

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Thank you for your response!

I’m glad that it’s working as expected on Chrome and Safari on your end as well.

Table of contents not working on Firefox is a known bug:

Please, click on “This affects my team” and also watch to receive future updates.

Julie Chavez February 18, 2021

Thank you Angelica!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events