Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I be concerned that the ID values in the app_user and cwd_user tables don't match?

Albert Lukan June 1, 2022

I was pulling user data from our MS SQL database to identify an account in Jira Service Management that was causing us issues and realized that in the app_user and cwd_user tables, the IDs for the user don't always match. They do in the beginning, then are off by 1 or 2 for the same user as the count gets higher. 

This doesn't seem to have caused any impact and the user data looks correct when viewed in Power BI using the Power BI Connector, but I want to make sure this deviation won't cause some kind of issue down the line. 

Has anyone else encountered this? 

Jira_ID.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

Yep, it's one of many reasons never to read a Jira database - it makes less sense than you might guess.

You are safe though, it is nothing to worry about.

Albert Lukan June 1, 2022

Thanks for the quick response!  And yeah I had to stop exploring tables for my own sanity.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2022

I think the database gave me a nervous breakdown around 2007... ;-)

Like Albert Lukan likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events