Service desk allow anonymous users?

brunocascio February 12, 2014

How to allow anonymous users to create bugs without log in ?

6 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2014

No. You need to be a user.

That's a logical thing - you could allow the group "anyone" to create issues in Jira, but I seriously wouldn't do that. It's suicide if your Jira is on the internet, and it's a monumental pain if you do it just inside a firewall because you can't track who is raising anything. Trust me, you don't want to do this.

If you're asking because the "must have an account to raise service desk issues" is not a good licencing model for you, then the bad news is that you are stuck at the moment.

The good news is that Atlassian are looking at something like "agent based licencing" for service desk (you pay for the people running the helpdesk, not everyone who might raise a service desk call) and you can expect something from them soon, but I have no information on the shape of that licence model or any announcement dates.

brunocascio February 12, 2014

Sincerely, thank you!

0 votes
Allison Smith November 3, 2014

On this page the JIRA site says we can have anonymous users that do not count against the license totals.

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing

" How do you define a user?

A JIRA user is any user that can log in to JIRA. Anonymous users may also be granted access and do not count against license totals.

"

0 votes
Nathan Keilar July 23, 2014

Bump. This is tripping us up.

0 votes
Ritchie Adaya July 6, 2014

Has licening been changed yet?

0 votes
Tyler Rosolowski April 24, 2014

I'd vote on this as well. We have 4 Engineers, and around 500 Users, which means we would be paying around USD $8000 where other helpdesk systems range around $100-$800.

We would love to use Atlassian and then get Confluence as well, but this price has well and truly made it unaffordable which is a real shame as of the 20+ helpdesk systems we looked at this was probably the best. I would have gone with it :-(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2014

Yeah, I need to poke Atlassian for a firm date when they're going to change the licence model!

Andrew Sparrow May 12, 2014

Hi Nic,

Have you heard anything else from Atlassian regarding this? This crazy pricing model is standing in the way of us considering the SD plugin for use

Andy

0 votes
Barret_Wallace April 24, 2014

What about this use case:

- IT unit: 20 licensed JIRA users/admins
- rest of company: 1200 employees without JIRA skills or licenses

I'm now looking for a convenient and inexpensive way for regular emplyees to create issues from within the company's intranet. I'm thinking about a service portal with links to certain forms ("request new hardware", "report technical problem", etc.). Submitting such a form should automatically create a JIRA issue with the respective form values.

Would JIRA Service Desk in combination with a group "anyone" be a good idea? Or would you recommend something different (e.g. issue collector)?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events