Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk. Do you need user licences for everyone or just the Helpdesk staff?

Clinton Green February 15, 2014

We are interested in Service Desk but we are unsure if we need to get licenses for everyone in the company or just for the helpdesk staff. Please can someone clarify. Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 15, 2014

At the moment, you need a user licence for each active user.

Atlassian are looking at something like "agent based licencing" (i.e. the helpdesk staff only), but I don't know what shape this might take or exactly when it'll be announced.

Clinton Green February 15, 2014

Thanks for the answer. Cheers

0 votes
Ian Molesworth April 14, 2014

That kind of kills it when you are running a school with 2000 pupils and only 5 IT staff. We would need to licence 2005 users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

Yes. You will. For now. It is going to change soon.

Trent Larson April 24, 2014

Can we see this on your roadmap / issue list? I'd like to vote it up and follow progress. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2014

Not my roadmap - I'm not Atlassian! I'll ask my contact though, he might know.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events