Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Desk - AD Login

Vivek Shah May 21, 2015

So I configured an AD login for my end users to submit tickets using service desk.

Now these AD users are not counted as a part of Jira/Service Desk Licensed users.

Unfortunately anytime a AD user logs a ticket onto service desk, system automatically adds them to Jira-User group hence bumping the number of licensed users tremendously.

Please help.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 21, 2015

I'm not really sure how AD works with JIRA Service Desk, but if you want your AD users no to be part of JIRA, they should be created through the Customer Portal and set as JIRA Service Desk customers.

If you were to disable their access to JIRA (so they wouldn't count as JIRA users) they would still have access to the SD Customer Portal and would be able to create requests just fine on it.

If your intent was to have the AD set up and then convert this users into customers, then, for that reason, we have a feature request submitted to Service Desk that address this request. Here it is:

Please feel free to vote on it to increase its popularity and add yourself as watcher in order to receive any latest updates from the developer and feedback from other user that is facing the same issue.

For more information on how Atlassian implements new features and improvement please see the following document: Implementation of New Features and Improvements

I hope it helps to clarify.

If there's something else we can help you with, please just say so.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events