Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Searching for resolved tickets

Janine Mostert August 27, 2019

Hello,

When I use the search function to search for resolved tickets, one request type doesn't work. For example, I can search for resolved AND contract request and they all show up, but when I search for resolved AND other. Only 3 tickets show, but there are many more tickets under this request type.

Why is this the case?

3 answers

1 vote
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 27, 2019

Hi,

Can you share /paste your jql?  So we can see how you are searching?

Thanks..

0 votes
Janine Mostert August 28, 2019

Thanks but this doesn't work, no issues were found when I copy and pasted that in the search bar.

When I type in the search bar "resolved contract request" this works and turns into status = Resolved AND text ~ "contract request". All of these requests come up.

When I type into the search bar "resolved Other" this turns into status = Resolved AND text ~ Other. But only 3 requests show, whereas there are much much more?

Janine Mostert August 28, 2019

Any clue as to why this could be?

Roman Kersky
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2019

may be try this jql:     status = Resolved AND text ~ "Other*"

0 votes
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 27, 2019

Hi @Janine Mostert 

It feels like a AND/OR logic problem in absence of the example JQL that @Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_ asked for to help us debug your issue... so... if I were guessing....

Your initial that shows all the tickets the JQL might be:

project = <someproject> AND issuetype = "contract request" AND resolved is not EMPTY

The one that isn't showing them might be:

project = <someproject> AND issuetype = "other" AND resolved is not EMPTY

To combine them (if this is what you're trying to do) perhaps the following?

project = <someproject> AND issuetype in ("contract request", other) AND resolved is not EMPTY

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events