Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLA Set but still breaching

Daniel Convery November 9, 2022

I am running into an issue when attempting to correct our SLA. We are using the "Time to resolution" SLA. the way we set our SLA is as follows:

SLA for problem tickets.PNG

We have it start to calculate when "under investigation" as we have another SLA for time to response that starts when the problem ticket is created and finished calculating when the ticket is set to "under review". But once that problem ticket moves from "under review" to "under investigation" the SLA for time to resolution should begin to calculate. 

The issue I am running into is that now most, if not all of our problem tickets calculated with this SLA are showing as breached even though in the history you can see that the tickets went through:

open -> under review

under review -> under investigation

under investigation -> completed

completed -> Closed 

Breached SLA.PNG

This is the history of a ticket. You can see that the time from under investigation to completed is a minute but still showing breached. Strange enough this will continue to calculate everyday. 

Ticket History.PNG

This is what our SLA Met vs Breached. Met appears to be calculating correctly. but again, all of our previously closed tickets continue to calculate time to resolution for whatever reason. 

Met vs Breached.PNG

Not sure if there is some logic I am missing. We do have other ticket types but I have only been working to calculate our problem ticket types. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. 

2 answers

0 votes
Kateryna_v_SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2022

Hi @Daniel Convery 

Maybe you should ask Atlassian support team for help. I can only suggest a quick and partial solution for continuing correct work and reporting — add-on SLA Time and Report for Jira.

My team developed the app, and there were no difficulties like this. You can easily select|/change all statuses or other conditions, and issues will be closed in time.

2022-11-16_23-24-35.jpg

How it will be in the report:2022-11-16_23-32-15.jpg
Here is a 30-day free trial, so you can use it as a temporary solution to continue working until finding any other.

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

@Daniel Convery Welcome to the Atlassian community

On your SLA you have two conditions for it to finish.   Completed and resolution set.  All of the old issues are not in the status of completed they are in the status of closed.  Just add that status to the conditions to stop and all of the old issues and the SLA will complete.

Daniel Convery November 10, 2022

Hi Brant, thanks for reaching out. It appears that when I set it only to completed I still have all of our past tickets breaching SLA. I had previously had several conditions to stop SLA as we have different ticket types and that previously didn't affect anything. I am not sure what I am missing here. Some condition is not being met and continues to see all of our old tickets as breached even though I can see previous cycles being met. 

previous cycles met.PNG

To me, the logic seems to be correct but possibly the tickets workflow are not aligning with the conditions? Very frustrating 

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 10, 2022

@Daniel Convery all the issues you are sharing are in the status of closed.  You should add the closed status to complete the SLA.  You should add both closed and completed.

Daniel Convery November 10, 2022

Unfortunately still running into the same issue. Here is our SLA:
SLA for problem tickets.PNG

Here is the report. Not sure why but all of these closed ticket appear to recalculate day of instead of the date that they were originally closed. 
Met vs Breached.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events