Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resolved calls as Open Requests in Customer Portal

Dynavics Service Desk April 8, 2019

Hi there,

I have recently made a change on my Jira in which I set the "Resolved" status to the "To-do" category.

The reason I have done it is because I want to show Resolved calls into the Open Requests list on my Customer Portal.

It didn't work. Has anyone got an idea on how I caould have done it?

Bit of more detail:

At my company, we understand that Resolved is status in which we flag to the customer a Resolution has been placed and needs to be tested. Therefore, it is not closed yet.

Many thanks,

Caio Garcia

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tansu Akdeniz
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2019

Hi @Dynavics Service Desk 

In JIRA, Resolutions are the ways in which an issue can be closed. If issue status is closed but resolution is null, it is shown as unresolved in Jira system. Please check this page.

In best practice, agents solve the issue than customer/reporter closes or re-opens it.

*If you don't want to use in that way, you can create custom status for resolved but not test issues, than it goes to resolved status. Or show resolved status as unresolved without setting resolution property.

0 votes
Dynavics Service Desk April 8, 2019

Hi @Tansu Akdeniz ,

Is it possible to make the Resolution field editable or not mandatory when trasiotioning to Resolved?

Thanks,

Caio Garcia

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events