Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request Type can't be changed from Service Desk issue

Alicia Pena November 13, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Troubleshooting issues with request types

If customers send issues via email they automatically create a service desk issue in the IT Help Request Type.  Once we bring up the issue to evaluate the problem we need to transition it to an appropriate Request Type.  But when we select the request type on the right panel of the ticket it shows the edit pencil, but does not allow us to change the request type.  How can I change the permissions to allow the Request type changed from the the ticket form?

2 answers

0 votes
Daniel Hrvatin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2017

Hi we have JIRA SD setup using cloud

We have email requests configured and are running into the same problem, I cant find too much info out there on how to configure this properly, but in short - all email requests coming are assigned to Get IT Help.

When we are in the job and want to change it to an incident, we are unable to

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2015

Make sure the group the user is in is assigned to the service desk team role of the project and the permission scheme Transition permission has the service desk team role assigned to it.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events