Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove summary field default text on Create screen?

Jamie Gordon September 19, 2022

Hello,

I have a Service Management project where the Summary shows 'Hide -' as a default value on the Create screen. How can I get of this? 

Default_summary.PNG   

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Jamie Gordon ,

As I can see, you're using a new Create issue experience in Jira Service Management. You have to go to the Requests forms configuration > choose Atlassian Consultation > on the Request form find Summary and remove default value "Hide -". But remember that it causes a form which is displayed for customers on the customer portal.

Best regards,

Kate

Jamie Gordon September 20, 2022

Yep, that's exactly what happened. The fix worked. Thanks!

0 votes
jira server September 19, 2022

Hi Jamie. Good day

We can change it by 

1. Turn OFF the setting Enable HTML in custom fields descriptions and list item values

pls kindly go through this link and let me know if it works

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-set-default-value-for-summary-field-in-jira-800692650.html

Have a great day.

Cheers.

Kate Pawlak [Appsvio]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

This documentation applies Server and Data Center only. Jamie is asking about Cloud, so the source of the problem is different (described in my comment).

Like # people like this
jira server September 20, 2022

Hi Katarzyna, I thought he was asking about server version. Any way thanks for the correction..   

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events