Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving Asset Objects to Object Type

David Loszewski January 31, 2023

Is there a way to move objects to an Object Type in Assets?  

For example, I have an Object Schema that I have several Objects Types, each object type has a hundred or so objects in.   Is there any way to move an object from one object type to another? 

2 answers

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2023

Currently it is not possible to move an objects between object types. I did a quick search in JAC could only find a suggestion for Jira Server to add a feature that would allow you to do that, JSDSERVER-10940. I would suggest that you add one for JSM Cloud if you want see that added there as well.

0 votes
Steve Letch March 22, 2024

You can move objects to other object types, however it's a bit buggy if you have, for example I've had to make all the destination attributes optional just to get the move done, even if the values match, there's tickets in the Atlassian backlog to fix these things.

Prawpatsine _Sydney_
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 3, 2024

Hi Steve, Can  you give me light, how can we change object type from one to another one? I cannot find that option on my JSM cloud. We have some record need to change the object type but we cannot do it now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events