Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify assignee

amjad abdullah February 11, 2014

hi,

i want to prevent some users from modifying the assignee, where i can do that?

i searched but all i found that i can stop him from assigning or i can let him assigne. but what i want to do is to let him Assign calls to him self "using Assign to me" but i dont want him to change the assignee after the call was assigned to someone else..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2014

You can't do it.

The permission "can assign issue" really does mean what it says. You can either assign an issue or you can't. If you have the right, you can assign issues. If you don't, then you can't, and that includes assigning to yourself.

There are some dynamic/flexible ways to handle it - for example "current assignee can assign the issue" or "members of the group named in field X", but there's no split between assign-to-me and assign-to-anyone.

You can sort of do it with workflows though - set it up so people can't assign, then use "change assignee to %current user% in workflow post-functions" as appropriate.

0 votes
Onkar Ahire
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2014

Hi Amjad,

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Check assignable issue and assign issue permission

Cheers

Onkar Ahire

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events