Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mailhandler - Cannot handle message as destination project has not been configured.

Marcus Rumbohm November 13, 2017

Hi,

I want to setup a mailhandler but it doesn't work.

My Setup

• Benutzer benachrichtigen: true
  • Benutzer erstellen: true
  • CC-Bearbeiter: true
  • CC-Beobachter: true
  • E-Mail-Adresse erfassen: support@picr.info
  • Mehrfach: ignore
  • Zitierten Text ignorieren: true

I've try to observe a subfolder on this imap mail address. ( Folder "support" )

On my root INBOX it works perfekt. 

This is the error message:

Found 1 unprocessed message(s) in the imaps folder.
Der Vorgang kann aufgrund einer ungültigen Lizenz nicht erstellt werden: [Sie können derzeit keine Vorgänge erstellen, da dafür Zugriff auf eine JIRA-Anwendung erforderlich ist. Um Zugriff auf eine Anwendung zu erhalten, müssen Sie Mitglied einer Gruppe sein, die einer Anwendung zugewiesen ist.]

And this is the error mail.

This is an automated email from the issue creation service at "https://xy.atlassian.net".

An error was encountered whilst handling messages from the mail server “support@picr.info” using the handler “class com.atlassian.studio.jira.service.util.handler.StudioEmailHandler”.

The error was: ------------------------ “Cannot handle message as destination project has not been configured.”

The error and the email that caused the error are attached to this email.

If this is a recurring problem, you may wish to contact a system administrator to check the parameters of your mail fetching service:

— This message was sent by Atlassian Jira (v${build.version}#${build.currentBuildNumber})

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

I am a bit confused by this problem.   If this is a Jira Service Desk project, then you should just follow the steps in Receiving requests by email to add a mail handler to this project.

Jira will allow you though to setup a Core mail handler on a service desk project.  But I would not recommend doing this in just about any case.  The reason for this is that Service Desk has an expectation that you will have a large number of unlicensed users emailing your service desk project.  But Jira Core/Software mail handlers work differently.  As such these mail handlers are checking to make sure that the user emailing in actually has the permissions to create a new issue in the project in question.  Given the error you listed in German, it translates to:

The process can not be created due to an invalid license: [You can not create operations at this time because it requires access to a JIRA application. To access an application, you must be a member of a group assigned to an application.]

In my view this appears to be a Jira core mail handler, and not a service desk mail handler.   The Core mail will require that the server is not only a user in jira, but a Jira Core/Software licensed users.  I would not expect your Jira Service Desk Customer accounts to necessarily be in these other application access roles.  In most cases they are not, but I think perhaps that is what is happening here given the information I can see that this time.

Markus Remmel January 29, 2021

I am facing the same error message.
"Der Vorgang kann aufgrund einer ungültigen Lizenz nicht erstellt werden: [Sie können derzeit keine Vorgänge erstellen, da dafür Zugriff auf eine JIRA-Anwendung erforderlich ist. Um Zugriff auf eine Anwendung zu erhalten, müssen Sie Mitglied einer Gruppe sein, die einer Anwendung zugewiesen ist.]"

I think I have created a Service Desk Mailhandler but I'm nur sure. How can I determine if my handler is Jira Core handler?

Screenshot 2021-01-29 123852.jpg

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 29, 2021

@Marcus Rumbohm yes, I can see from your screenshot, that is clearly a Jira Core mail handler.  Also the translation of your error message I think is the same as my error message above. In most cases these kinds of mail handlers should not be used within Jira Service Management projects. 

The reason for that is because users in the customer role are technically unlicensed users.  Jira Core's mail handlers are built with the expectation that only licensed users will be sending mail to them.  For that reason I would suggest removing that mail handler and instead try to follow Receiving requests by email for the steps needed to get requests from customers.

svn-user October 4, 2021

Done

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events