Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of differences between the current and new Jira Service Desk version?

PatriciaMorenoPerez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 6, 2015

2 answers

3 votes
Jose R.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hello Patricia,

JIRA Service Desk 3 simplifies the way you set up users without an agent license so that they can work on issues raised in a service desk. (Previously, you might have set up these users by adding them as collaborators on a service desk project.)

If you had previously added users as collaborators to service desk projects, their access to these projects will not change, and you will still see the collaborators project role when you upgrade to JIRA Service Desk 3.

When creating new service desk projects, you will no longer see the collaborators role. Now, users with any type of JIRA application license can instead be added to the Service Desk Team role to help agents work on issues in that project. For example, if you add a JIRA Software developer to the Service Desk Team role, that user can view and comment on issues raised in that project. This user won't be able to see any JIRA Service Desk-specific features in the project, such as queues or reports, since they won't be licensed for JIRA Service Desk.

For more information on adding JIRA Core and JIRA Software users to service desk project, check out

Setting up service desk users

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESKSERVER030/Setting+up+service+desk+users#Settingupservicedeskusers-limitedInvolvingJIRASoftwareandJIRACoreusers

Best Regards,
Jose | Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
PatriciaMorenoPerez
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 7, 2015

thanks. Currently when a customer enters the service desk , they can only see its instances.
With the new version , can they see other customer instances?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events