Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legacy Automation - Security Level

David Meredith May 4, 2021

Hi there!

Is there a (non addon) way to update the "Security Level" through legacy automation?

I've had to set up legacy automation as we had a requirement to set "Request Type" based on keywords of incoming e-mails. This can't be done in the new automation bit.

I now can't find a way to set "Security Level" through legacy automation... I can do it through the new automation so I'm stuck where some bits work in old and some bits work in new...

Thanks in advance!
Dave

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2021

@David Meredith -

Hi David:

Your other option is to customize your WF and set security level via Post-function call.  We have use the following add-on for our on-prem DC env to accomplish this..  Of course, this means that you don't need to use Automation for Jira setup.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

David Meredith May 5, 2021

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for looking into this with me. I'm trying to do what I can with the base product currently as we have limited budget and we've just spent it on getting the licenses for the premium licences.

I'm getting really frustrated that broken / basic functionality isn't being implemented into the main Jira products. You can pay for additional add-ons through the marketplace but I'm assuming Atlassian get a cut of that and have less incentive to implement it and lose a revenue stream :(

I'll definitely pick up this add-on in our continuous improvement cycle though.

Thanks again,
Dave

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events