Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Desk Admin menu - Snap! You can't view this page

Yeisol Woo June 9, 2020

We had Jira Service Desk license since 2016 but we haven't used this product at all.

We really want to test this product but so far no luck on any admin option. Any help will be really appreciated.

On Jira Service Desk's project settings:

• Request types
  • Customer permissions
  • Portal settings
  • Email requests
  • Customer notifications
  • Satisfaction settings
  • Knowledge base
  • SLAs
  • Automation

Above options are all failing even though we have Jira Service Desk (Server) 3 Agents: Starter License.jiraSNAPPNG.PNG

Our Jira Software and Jira Service Desk versions were really outdated. So when we renewed our licenses, we created a new linux server and created new Jira instance and restored the data from the old Jira.
I used Jira's XML buackup utility to backup JIRA data and restored XML data back using Restore System in Jira Admin tool.

All three agents who has admin privileges have the same problem.

2 answers

0 votes
Sue Webber October 28, 2022

Try this :
I changed my project type to Software.

Then changed back to Service.

Could then get into the Service desk admin options.

0 votes
Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 9, 2020

Hello @Yeisol Woo welcome to the community. Make sure that the users have a service desk license as well as  project admin along service desk agent permissions on the project.

Yeisol Woo June 11, 2020

Thank you. After adding user with Administrators role using "Users and roles", it seems to work ok.

Hernan Halabi - Elite IT Consulting Group
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2020

great, please don't forget to mark this as solved then.

Regards

Infra Vendor Management January 28, 2022

not solved for me, same old confounding atlassian nonsense, you follow the documentation and nothing works, nothing is logical, it takes hours to find some weird misconfiguration that god knows who could have told you caused the whole help desk to stop working, it's infuriating.

Sue Webber October 28, 2022

Try this : (My problem had nothing to do with licensing or user roles. I am Admin of my instance and have agent and admin access)

I changed my project type to Software.

Then changed back to Service.

Could then get into the Service desk admin options.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events