JIRA Service Desk - hide footer

Thierry Useldinger November 4, 2013

Hi all !

I installed JIRA Service Desk to create a customer portal adpated to my customer.

It is a very good plugin, good job !

Only one problem for me : I don't want my customer be able to see the footer of JIRA Desk

Is it possible to hide this ?

Thanks for your help

3 answers

1 vote

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to change service desk plugin css without unpack the jar ?

For me, hide with css is not a problem but I would Service Desk stay offical plugin with future upadtes

Lukas Spangenberg February 4, 2018

what would be the custom css for a own footer?

Hassan Akhtar May 7, 2018

Hi Thierry, did you found something?

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2013

Hi Thierry,

I'm sure you could start playing around with the css and the velocity templates included in the service desk plugin, but I don't think you can do it through any administration menu.

Best regards,

Peter

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer.

Is it possible to change service desk plugin css without unpack the jar ?

For me, hide with css is not a problem but I would Service Desk stay offical plugin with future upadtes

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 4, 2013

If you are going to look into this, then be careful. If you remove the "powered by atlassian" and associated link, you are breaching your licence conditions, so you must not do that. (A lot of places reduce the information in the footer, but you must keep the text and link)

Hi,

In my opinion, Service Desk is a good plugin because it is possible to show at the customer only the minimum.

I don't care that "powered by atlassian" appears on my JIRA but it is a problem on the customer portal. The plugin lost its goal in this case : show at the client only what I want show.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 4, 2013

Nevertheless, you are breaching your user licence terms if you remove it.

I'd raise this as a problem directly with Atlassian, but I very much doubt they will let you remove the credits for their software. Personally, I'd like to see the ability to customise it's location and information in there without coding (like having an "about this system" panel that you can move to a part of the screen that works best for you, maybe with extra contact and/or documentation links you can define for your site)

Like Manuela Raschke likes this

Understood. You are right.

But I think I will be not alone who use this plugin for a customer who does not want that its used products appears on the customer portal.

Thanks for your warning.

Jordan Stewart August 18, 2016

Can I get an update?

So removing the "powered by atlassian" is breaching the customer contract, (ref: https://www.atlassian.com/legal/customer-agreement 6.4 Attribution), but the service footer no longer has that, at less in 3.0 (ref image).

Technically I should be able to remove the entire thing, and not breach the contract.

service desk 3.0.jpg

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2016

Good point, I suspect the agreement wording needs an update.  With the "powered by" gone, the wording probably needs to change to specify where their link should be held.  The spirit is still clear - "which must in every case include a hyperlink to http://www.atlassian.com, and which must be in the same format as delivered in the Software", but the exact location of it is not in there.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events