cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JETI - I cannot get "Reporter" to be notified

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

NOTE: This is using JETI notification scheme not JSM notification scheme.

For the life of me I cannot get this to work. I'm sure it is something I'm doing wrong but I cannot figure it out.

I have a notification scheme setup to notify on Issue Create, Resolved and Closed. I have the Who set to "Reporter", and a my user id. I receive the notification to my userid bu not the Reporter. The reporter is a Customer in the project and they show in the Reporter field. The issue is created via email. see attached.

2021-03-04_13-33-53.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2021

i have figure out the issue

I have “include own changes” toggled off. So that explains why if the Agent opens “on behalf of” the customer they will get notified however, if the customer opens it they do not. That is pretty ugly. While, as a customer I wouldn’t want to get notified of my comments I certainly want to get the issue created email.

So I think I will need a different notification scheme unique to issue created and enable “include own changes” and then the balance of events in another scheme.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events