Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is your company using Jira Service Desk outside of IT?

Viewing page 2 of 2

30 comments

Christopher Watson November 5, 2018

Jira service desk can be impenetrable, even for IT veterans. If you're trying to market, I'd suggest focusing on KanBan boards and the drag and drop interface as they're much more user-friendly. I can at least see some use case scenarios for HR incident management in large organisations. Confluence integration might also be worth pointing out.

Eren Kalelioğlu November 17, 2018

Hi @Molly Bronstein,

We’re from a private high school.

We started using Jira Service Desk as an ITSM and we’re improving it :)

Some of our use cases outside of IT are:

Board of Directors
Teachers create a request to propose an event to the board of directors. The board of directors rejects or approves the proposition. In some cases, the board asks for more details.

Coordination
Teachers (having received the approval from the board of directors) create a request to get support from the coordinators in our school.
Some of the support categories are: catering, photography, communication, transportation, graphic design, digital signage, etc.

Professional Development
Teachers ask for trainings.

Best
Eren

Like Jo Steele likes this
Jo Steele December 2, 2018

I work in a Brand & Marketing team within financial services. For the last two years I have setup a Jira Cloud instance for our 'fee for service' clients requesting support in Design and Production (web). Recently I have rolled it out to our project teams to keep track of their own work. We log time for both recoveries and also to help with our budgeting and resourcing of projects year-on-year.

We're about to migrate to an internally hosted Jira Server instance and am getting my head round the differences in the two ensuring we can still do what we need to each month in reporting.

Once we get through the migration piece, I'm looking to setup our video studio team and am wondering if anyone has found an add-in that can produce quotes to send to clients. I can do rate tables in Tempo but am looking for some way to easily produce a quote for work via a jira ticket.

Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hi everyone, I realise this thread is from 2018, however we're seeking more information. 

Is anyone interested in speaking with us about their non-IT use case?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2019

Happy to help if I can. Other than IT, I use it for staffing and we are embarking on CS with external customers soon.

Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 4, 2019

Hi Jack, when you say staffing are you referring to the onboarding of new employees? I'd love to hear more! Please reach out to tclarke@atlassian.com and we can arrange a quick time to chat if you're up for it.

Cheers, 

Rob Roach April 4, 2019

Sure, I can describe our non-IT use cases (I was going to last time but forgot, oops!).  Do you want them listed here or will you contact me directly?  Thanks!

Tania Clarke
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2019

Haha, maybe a good thing I followed up :)

My email is tclarke@atlassian.com if you wouldn't mind emailing me! I'd love to set up a time for a quick call. Thanks Rob

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events