Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to make an internal comment public

Katherine Stevens November 16, 2021

I use K15T backbone sync, so I'm not sure if I should start with them, or if someone in the Atlassian community can help.  If I make an internal only comment, how can I make that same comment public?

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Natasha Dixon November 16, 2021

Hmmm. Ive also wondered this. What I done was copy and paste each indiviually in the reply box.

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

@Natasha Dixon, are you wondering how to make an internal comment public (without the Backbone part I've described in the other answer?).

You can simply edit your comment, switch in the header from Add internal note to Reply to customer, save the comment - and it is public.

1 vote
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 16, 2021

Hi @Katherine Stevens ,

I'm Matthias from the team behind Backbone Issue Sync and I'm happy to help here or if you prefer to discuss your use case in private also via help@k15t.com.

If I understood your scenario right, you have a synchronization between two projects configured. If you now make an internal comment in the one project, you'd like to have a public comment in the other project?

If that's the case, you can go to the comments section of your synchronization and configure there the comment behavior to e.g. map internal comments to public ones - or to make a comment public in case it contains special keywords. For more details, check out our documentation about comments.

Did I understand your use case right? If not, please elaborate and I'm happy to help.

Cheers,
Matthias.

0 votes
Katherine Stevens November 18, 2021

Thank you both!  I was able to find the setting, 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin