Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is service desk limited on user or agent?

Simon G_ September 9, 2014

Hi!

On this page, we can find service desk pricing depending on user number, but on this page pricing depends on agent number. So what is the limitation on service desk?

Also, on atlassian FAQ we can read:

A JIRA user is any user that can log in to JIRA. Anonymous users may also be granted access and do not count against license totals.

and

A customer is an end user that will submit requests to your service desk. Customers don’t count as JIRA users, so you can have as many of them as you want!

So I'm not sure to understand difference bewteen user and customer... Does it mean that I can have many anonymous customer as I want? But what about registered customer? In fact, my customer have to be registered to contact support Team, does it mean that my end user will be customers or users? Illimited or not?

Thanks for your responses.

Best regards.

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 9, 2014

Service desk used to require your customers to be JIRA users, but Atlassian have recently changed the licence model to allow for "agent based licences" - this model says that you'd have a handful of Agents (with JIRA accounts and an Agent flag) who would deal with your service requests, and then your customers are able to raise service requests without having a JIRA account at all.

The anonymous access to JIRA is mostly to do with letting people see the main JIRA data without needing an account.  Note that that is NOT service desk items, it's about plain JIRA data.  Have a look at jira.atlassian.com - you can see issues in there without a login.  That's anonymous access.

2 votes
Judd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2014

Nic is correct. In the new JIRA Service Desk pricing model:

• 'Customers' login but can only access the Customer Portal of a service desk to raise requests (they cannot access other areas of JIRA). They are free.
  • 'Agents' are JIRA users with an Agent license. They can access JIRA and additionally use JIRA Service Desk features, such as Queues and SLAs, to process the requests that 'Customers' raise. All the details of Agent pricing are on our website.

0 votes
CarlosVillaG September 21, 2017

is this pricing model currently valid? 

0 votes
Simon G_ September 10, 2014

Thanks for your response!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events