Is it possible to require fields in the widget for JSM?

Michelle January 10, 2022

We are using the widget as part of our help desk but have notices that you can send a request without filling in all the fields on the widget?  Is there a way to make them required so we can make sure an email in provided?  All the forms through the help desk have required fields. 

Cheers!

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

Hi Michelle,

It has been a while since I've played with the widget. However, as I recall if you define fields as required in the request type form then they were displayed as required with the * within the widget. Is this not what you're experiencing? Can you illustrate how are your request type is configured with fields required or not and how it actually is being displayed to the user in the widget? I also recall that the email was required.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2022

for reference - embed-a-widget-onto-a-web-page 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events