Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update Insight attribute when issue is created?

Petar Milavić December 15, 2021

When an issue is created I would like to update some Insight object's attributes. I tried a few solutions but every time I got a "No issues were found, stopping the rule" message.

BR 

Petar

2 answers

1 vote
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2021

Hi @Petar Milavić ,

Is the use of a Insight Post Function, 'Set the value of an object attribute with a predefined value' , an option?

See https://confluence.atlassian.com/insightapps/insight-post-functions-for-workflows-1085188390.html

Regards, Marco 

Hi @Marco Brundel ,

The workflow post-change functions list doesn't have the "Onsight Post-change" option in Jira Cloud.

I think that option is viable for the Server version.

BR

Petar

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

Hey @Petar Milavić ,

As you are on Cloud you should be able to use the build in automation which as an "edit object" action which will interact with an Insight object.

Could you post how you currently have the rule set up? maybe it's something small that can be fixed before we think of a whole new implemenation.

Hi @Dirk Ronsmans ,

I tried use the automation:

Capture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

It seems that issue triggers don't work with Edit Object action.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks in advance,

BR

Petar

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2021

@Petar Milavić ,

Could you remove the double quotes " " arround "Name"? I know Insight is really picky about syntax and for me that gives an invalid syntax.

Have you tried clicking the "validate syntax" button?

The rule is triggering but the result of the lookupObjects seems to return nothing. Hence we have to make sure that the IQL is correct. 

You can also copy it in to the Advanced search bar in Insight for that objecttype to validate the outcome.

Like Marco Brundel likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events