Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup automation to add a label to an issue if the approval was Declined.

V.Patel April 23, 2024

Hello,

I need to add a label to an issue if the ApproverXYZ customfield_1338, someone declines it. I tried a logic but i might be completely wrong. You advice will be highly appreciated.

Return to rules
  • When: Issue transitioned
    FROM
    Need TIFF QC 1
    TO
    In Progress
  • If: Compare two values
    Checks if:
    {{customfield_10348.approvalDecision}} equals Declined
  • Then: Edit issue fields
    Labels
Add component

2 answers

0 votes
Laurie Sciutti
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2024

Hi @V.Patel ~ can that field be set to Declined on any other transition?  If not, you can use the Field Value Changed For Transition Issue trigger....

Capture.PNG

V.Patel April 24, 2024

Hi, @Laurie Sciutti ,

I won't really be a change in the field right because the field is just a, Approver field which is a user field, i need to capture and trigger the automation when it is Approved/declined, i hope i am explaining in it correctly.

0 votes
Kalyan Sattaluri
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2024

Hello @V.Patel 

What type of field is this?

I dont think {{customfield_10348.approvalDecision}} smart value is correct.

If its a dropdown, try {{customfield_10348.value}} instead.

If that does not work, share screenshot of this field in UI with field populated..

V.Patel April 24, 2024

@Kalyan Sattaluri 
It is an approver field, i am looking to validate if it gets Declined in the approval stage then i want to add a label to the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events