Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to report logged work per customer organization?

Bostjan Resnik March 30, 2018

Dear all,

we are evaluating Jira Service Desk for our team that provides support for 30 different customer organizations. We are planning to setup only one project in Jira that will have issues from all customers. All members of the team provide support for all customers.

We need to provide worklog reports each month (list issues and time spent) to each customer organization.

I couldn't find any information or documentation how to setup this configuration. We are also evaluating Tempo Timesheets and I couldn't find an option how to link Jira SD customer organisations with Tempo accounts. We would have one account per customer organization.

If you can provide any hints how this can be achieved, I would be very gratefull. Right now this problem is a show-stopper for us. 

Thank you!

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 2, 2018

Hi Bostjan.

We also track internally by organization and we use tempo accounts.  However there is no connection between organization and Tempo account.  You could write a post-script that would look at the reporter's organization and update the issue with the correct tempo account.  Or put the tempo account on the user's properties and use a post function in the create step in the workflow to set the account based on the user's property (that's what we do).

Or if you don't want to use Tempo you could use jql to determine what organization the reporter is in and just sum up or export the issues and time tracking.

Hope that helps and let me know if you need more info

Susan

Bostjan Resnik April 2, 2018

Hi Susan,

thank you for the answer. We will try the second option first. 

Kind regards,

Boštjan.

Nikolay Topalov December 21, 2018

Hi Susan,

We are in the same situation. Could you please explain shortly how you accomplish this "Or put the tempo account on the user's properties and use a post function in the create step in the workflow to set the account based on the user's property (that's what we do)." and if this is available in Jira (with Tempo) Cloud.

Kind Regards,

Nikolay

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 21, 2018

Hi Nikolay,

Unfortunately I'm on Server and that add-on that supports a post workflow function to read a user property and add it into a custom field does not exist as far as I'm aware.

Susan

Nikolay Topalov January 18, 2019

Thanks Susan. We will try figure out some workarounds.

Enkhtaivan Ganbat August 5, 2019

Hello,

I have a closely related question to this one. We also use single JSD project to track issues from dozens of customer organizations and we need a field (let's call it "Total service hours") that can have different values in a form of hours depending on their license (silver, gold, platinum etc), so that whenever a customer organization creates a request and we resolve it, and log for example 1 hour, this 1 hour should be subtracted from that organization's total service hours. Is something like this possible in JSD cloud?

0 votes
Todd Carter January 8, 2022

Has anyone found a solution to this?  I have tried a dozen time tracking plugins and none will filter and report time by organization.

0 votes
JD August 27, 2018

We have the same scenario @Bostjan Resnik and we are looking into this app: 

Timesheet Reports and Gadgets:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/294/timesheet-reports-and-gadgets?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

0 votes
Holland Risley July 6, 2018

Hi @Bostjan Resnik - Did you ever manage to get Tempo Timesheets reporting time logs for each organisation in a single JIRA Service Desk project?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events