Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post forge custom-ui app contents to specified issue?

Alex Atkinson August 18, 2022

Hello, I am building a simple form application in Jira using the forge custom-ui. The app mainly uses text fields to let the user enter their information, but I am having trouble saving the information to the issue. My thought process was to implement a backend to fetch the HTML values that the user enters and use the REST API to post these values to maybe a custom field?This is the part where I am stuck. The REST API documentation is very broad and is not very helpful. I am new to frontend/full stack programming and would appreciate some support. Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2022

@Alex Atkinson -

I am sure that you already know that JSM Cloud already have a FORM component build in out of the box.  It is formally know as "Proforma Form".  It allows one to configure FORM and one can link it's fields associated to the Form to be link directly to JSM issue's fields.

Don't know what is your reason to build a custom simple form application in Jira?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Alex Atkinson August 18, 2022

Yes, I know there's already other form applications and components. This is a personal project that I am working on to put on my resume to display all of my coding skills. Do you have any suggestions to fulfill my question?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events