Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move project in jira to a customer?

Janna December 27, 2021

Hi,

How to move or transfer a project to a vendor/customer? Can you help me on this please

Thank you

3 answers

2 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

Hi @Janna

You can use 3rd party plugins such as project configurator or configurator management to copy all schemes and data. You can then import it into another environment. We use it for our staging and prod code promotion.

If you are doing it once use a free trial and uninstall.

Good luck 

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2021

What do you mean by "transfer"?

• Give them all access to your projects?
  • Throw all the problems to them?
  • Work out some form of migration of current issues (from your Jira to theirs)?

Could you give us a bit more context please?

Janna December 27, 2021

It means that I would like to transition the service project that I created to our customer. Is it possible? or needs to give them access to a project that I have already created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2021

Again, what does "transfer" mean?  

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2021

@Janna -

As stated by @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , we will need more context from your ask on "transfer..." to allow lus to assist you.

Welcome to the community.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events