Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to give permission for creating projects

A M November 25, 2021

We have 2 jira(software and service managment)

I add users to service management and they cannot create new projects. error:

You can't view templates to create a project

Your admin gave you permission to create projects, but you don't have permission to view project templates. Contact your admin to have them fix your permissions or create a project for you.

How can I (administrator) give permission to create projects for users? I can not find them

2 answers

3 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2021

Hi @A M,

There is a difference between company-managed and team-managed projects. There is a global permission create team-managed projects available in Jira Settings > System > Global Permissions that allows you to define who can do this.

Creating company-managed projects requires Jira Administrator permissions, so that is (and should be) limited to a limited set of users who know what they are doing.

Keep in mind that at the core, team-managed projects are designed to be used by teams in isolation, while company-managed projects are intended to be used together.

Hope this helps! 

0 votes

Hi @A M ,

for Jira Software, there's an app called "Templating.app" that matches your requirements. 

Administrators can create project templates (for company managed projects) and define users and groups who will be able to use those templates without the need of having administrator permissions. 

I am the Product Manager of this app, so just let me know if you have any questions. The app is really easy to use and offers more features, e.g. templates for issue hierarchies and sets of subtasks 💜.

Cheers,

Sarah 

Bildschirm­foto 2024-03-25 um 22.52.06.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders