Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create multiple tickets

Jairo Granado January 13, 2022

Good evening Jira Community,

I am here tonight to pose a question to all of you. If possible, how can I allow my users to create multiple tickets? Here's my situation:

Our company hires 30-300 temporary employees (in a single department) at a time during busy season. What I want to do is to be able to give HR the capability to create multiple tickets for each temporary employee since Department and Hiring Manager will all be the same, is there a way in Jira where HR would just feed Jira 30 or so names and keep Department and Hiring Manager fields carry across the tickets created? 

I appreciate any kind of suggestion.

Note: I already suggested creating one ticket and putting all 30 or so names in the description but does not work for our auditors.

Thank you again.

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

Hi @Jairo Granado 

Create a CSV file having all the list of users, Dept, and Hiring manager.  You can then import the CSV file to create tickets

Here's a reference link

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file

Thanks,

Pramodh

Jairo Granado January 13, 2022

Oh! This is great! I'll propose this method to our team. While I wait for their response, is this the only way to do this? Just in case they don't want to mess with CSV's

Thank you again!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 13, 2022

@Jairo Granado 

We have API's as well to create Issues

In this case you will have list of inputs in one file and then a script to run to create the Issue in Jira via API

But go with CSV Importer, once you get the hang of it, it's easy

Thanks,
Pramodh

Like Jairo Granado likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS