Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an automation that sums all story points automatically to multiple parents?

Jhonatan Farias
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 8, 2024

Hey, everyone,

For better context, the hierarchy I usually follow is Epic -> Story -> Sub-task/Sub-bug.

I'm currently working on creating an automation that, when adding a story point to a sub-task, sums it up to the story, and then finally to the epic.

What's happening now is that it's summing all the sub-tasks story points to the story but not to the epic. It only changes the epic if I go to the story and add a new story point.

Is there a way I can create something that recognizes when a story point is added to a sub-task, updates the story points in a story, and then sums up all the stories to add the story point to an epic?

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2024

Hello @Jhonatan Farias 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you show us the rule that you have created? Whenever asking for help related to an Automation Rule is will help us to help you if you can show us the full rule and the details of each step.

The solution may be as simple as checking this box on the Rule Details page:

Screenshot 2024-04-08 at 4.47.19 PM.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events