cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allow non-agent Jira Software users to transition Service Desk issues

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2020

We are setting up Jira Service Desk for our team and I'm not understanding what I need to do (as the admin) to enable non-agent Jira Software users (developers) to be able to transition Service Desk issues. 

TIA

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 30, 2021

We have implemented Automations for Service Desk projects that Developers can access that can transition the issues. A bit clumsy, but this is a workaround. 

Özge Özgenç March 19, 2024

Hello @Janene Pappas ,

I would very appreciate it if you could share the automation screenshots so I can implement it for my project too.

Thank you.

0 votes
Maria Murphy November 15, 2021

This is a very late reply, but can't you just edit the permission scheme for the Service Desk project to allow the Developer role to transition issues?

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 30, 2021

No, the permissions for this are restricted to agents. 

0 votes
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2020

As far as I know you cannot.

Only agents can transition JSD issues.

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2020

Wow. I'm a bit amazed. Agents create ticket, developers work on fixes and need to give updates but don't need agent licenses to do that. 

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2020

But developers are used to work on JSW projects... anyway they can create internal comments to warn support team that a new bugfix has been released.

Also, you can use issue link features to trace both issues.

Janene Pappas
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2020

Oh, I understand the current state of things but that is not what I was expecting. Forcing our agents to do all of the transitioning isn't optimal. I'm looking into automatically transitioning when linked issues have changes but workflows are tricky to set up correctly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events