Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How to allow non-agent Jira Software users to transition Service Desk issues

We are setting up Jira Service Desk for our team and I'm not understanding what I need to do (as the admin) to enable non-agent Jira Software users (developers) to be able to transition Service Desk issues. 

TIA

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

We have implemented Automations for Service Desk projects that Developers can access that can transition the issues. A bit clumsy, but this is a workaround. 

This is a very late reply, but can't you just edit the permission scheme for the Service Desk project to allow the Developer role to transition issues?

No, the permissions for this are restricted to agents. 

As far as I know you cannot.

Only agents can transition JSD issues.

Wow. I'm a bit amazed. Agents create ticket, developers work on fixes and need to give updates but don't need agent licenses to do that. 

But developers are used to work on JSW projects... anyway they can create internal comments to warn support team that a new bugfix has been released.

Also, you can use issue link features to trace both issues.

Oh, I understand the current state of things but that is not what I was expecting. Forcing our agents to do all of the transitioning isn't optimal. I'm looking into automatically transitioning when linked issues have changes but workflows are tricky to set up correctly. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

JSM Jira Automation: How to Send SLA Breached Notifications

Hi Everyone, In   this tutorial,  we will show you how you can monitor an SLA, and send notifications before or after the SLA has been breached.   SLA Threshold Trigger The SLA t...

722 views 5 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you