How to add a new request type portal for Jira service desk

sajid sid January 14, 2022

Problem: Need to create a new request type portal  where the RED LINES are in the first screenshot

I believe that creating a request type from page screenshot 2  will allow me to create a new type. 

Will the service type show up on the page(screenshot) as soon as I create a new service type. How to modify information fields and work flow for that new request type once it's created.

1)

new request type.PNG

2)request type.PNG

1 answer

3 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2022

Hey @sajid sid 

Welcome to Atlassain community.

Yes that's correct they will be added in the help desk portal page. You can also reorder on they are shown from the options in second screenshot you have sent.

When we create a request type it is usually mapped to a "issue type". So the workflow and fields will come from that particular issue type.

For example in your case, new jira user request and new confluence user request are mapped to issues type "Access" so the workflow is same for both.

Once you create request type, against it in the right end to you see option to edit feilds There you can add the available fields for it...

Please check out this kb to set up request types in JSM https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html

Regards,

Vishwas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events