How does email trigger transition in JIRA (Service Desk)?

Philip Colmer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2015

This is specifically around Service Desk although that uses JIRA workflows underneath so I'm hoping this is quite straightforward.

The standard SD workflow means that if an issue is in state "Waiting for Customer" and the customer replies by email, the issue automatically transitions to "Waiting for Support".

I've copied that workflow and added some extra states so that if the issue is "Waiting for Customer" for, say, 10 days, the customer gets a follow-up email. In order to track that we've done that, we change the state of the issue. Now, if the customer replies by email, I want the issue to automatically transition to "Waiting for Support" as it would do if it was in "Waiting for Customer".

The workflow has those transitions defined but the incoming email isn't triggering that state transition.

What have I missed out or misunderstood about how incoming email triggers that transition?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Pedro Cora
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2015

Hi Philip,

I believe that you can use the JIRA Automation Add-On for that. Take a look and see if it suits your needs.

smile

-- Pedro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events